Get your calendar ready: August and September are packed full of important SMA dates for parents. Future issues of the newsletter will include a calendar for the current and following months.
Here are some back-to-school dates you won’t want to forget:
Mon., Aug. 28
- Orientation for Class of 2021, 7:55 a.m.-noon.
- Transfer student orientation, 7:55 a.m.-noon.
- New-parent welcome, 8-9 a.m., Commons.
Tues., Aug. 29
- “Tour” of their schedule, TA meetings, Class of 2021 & transfer students, 7:55 a.m.- noon.
Wed., Aug. 30
- First day of school for all students, 7:55 a.m.-2:55 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 8
- Form Deadline: “Involving Grandparents in SMA”. Contact/email form to Coralynn Arrigotti ’83.
Sat. Sept. 9
Mon., Sept. 4
- NO SCHOOL, Labor Day.
Wed., Sept. 6
- Seniors Parents College Night, 7 p.m., Commons. Contact: Kimberly Crouch.
Mon., Sept. 11
- Driver’s Education information mtg., Pacific Driver Education, 6:30 p.m., Room 104/105.
Wed. Sept. 13
- Parents Association Mtg., 6 p.m., Commons.
Thurs., Sept. 14
- Parents Back-to-School Night, 5-6:15 p.m. packet pick up, parent social. Meet administrators and teachers, “tour” your student’s current schedule. Event continues until about 8 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 15
- School photos taken.
- Yearbooks: Order online here (or print online form and turn in at school) by Dec. 14.
- Father-Daughter Dinner Dance pre-registration deadline (event Oct. 1). Preregister here. Tickets $65 until Sept. 15; $90 thereafter. Onsite tix not guaranteed.
- Frosh Lock-In, 8 p.m. start
Sat., Sept. 16
- Pick up girls from Frosh Lock-In, 7 a.m.
Wed., Sept. 27
- Student Activity Fair, Commons, lunchtime: Encourage your daughter to learn about SMA clubs.
- Junior Parents College Q&A, Commons, 8-9 a.m. & 6 p.m. Contact: Kimberly Crouch.
Sun., Oct. 1
- Father Daughter Dinner Dance, Oregon Convention Center-Oregon Ballroom, 4 p.m. Details and tickets.
- Become a Parent Volunteer!
Sign up here for dozens of SMA events/opportunities.